Welcome to Aix-en-Provence!
How about escaping for a weekend to this little corner of paradise in the South East where Elleanor de Provence pieces are designed and made?
We have carefully prepared the ideal program for your stay!
Start from the famous Rotonde fountain, symbol of the city, to the Place de la Mairie. You will then discover the emblematic places of the city of a thousand fountains: the place of the four dolphins, the Agard passage, the place of Albertas or the Saint-Sauveur cathedral.
You can take advantage of the market on the Place des Prêcheurs to taste the Provencal dishes: olives and tapenades, dried tomatoes or a good pissaladière.
Don't forget to taste the famous Calissons d'Aix-en-Provence from the Maison Béchard on the Cours Mirabeau.
We also recommend that you savor Christophe's Madeleines (comparable to Proust's) and stop by Maison Weibel for their beautiful and delicious pastries!
Because visiting a region also means enjoying its gastronomy, we give you our favorite places to enjoy exceptional meals!
- Le Saint Estève : With a view of the famous Sainte Victoire, this Michelin starred restaurant will give you a unique culinary experience you won't soon forget!
- Gaodina : Its name comes from the Provençal "Gaudina" which means "to feast, to rejoice at the table", so you know what awaits you when you set foot in this 18th century Provençal farmhouse.
- La Terrasse Provençale: This restaurant located in the domain of Château La Coste promises you a warm and friendly moment that reflects the Provencal art of living.
- Dan.B : Also starred in the Red Guide, this place will charm you as much by its gastronomy as by its architecture. And above all... It is located just a step away from our showroom, what better way to choose directly the right dress? We would choose Lolita and its flaming red!
The Hôtel de Caumont in the center of Aix is the ideal place to discover temporary exhibitions. At the moment and until September, discover the works of Raoul Dufy - L'ivresse de la couleur.
For the European night of museums on May 14th, you can go to the Granet museum in the city center. On the program: brass quintet, photo exhibition and verbal jousting!
For contemporary art, go to the Vasarely foundation to discover the famous works of the artist through his trompe l'oeil and his colorful geometrical paintings.
So, we take out our ally for the day, the Elisa dress and we go to culture!
|A homemade tapenade in 5 minutes|
Because there is nothing better than enjoying a good tapenade on the terrace with the sound of cicadas but we do not want to spend hours in the kitchen at the time of the aperitif; we give you the super fast recipe of green tapenade which matches with the dress Louise !
You will need:
- 300 g of green olives
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Start by peeling and chopping the garlic clove and add it to a blender.
Pour in the pitted olives, capers, anchovy fillets, olive oil and lemon.
Blend until a fine and homogeneous purée is obtained.
It is ready! All you have to do is eat it on toast.
Enjoy your meal!